Entering the United Arab Emirates
Foreign nationals may enter the country through various land checkpoints, airports and seaports all over the country. The most direct way to get to Dubai is to fly using commercial airline to Dubai International Airport (IATA code: DXB) which is a well-connected travel hub servicing many major carriers from all over the world.
Although some nationalities are still required to apply for an entry visa from their home country, many visitors may enter the country with visa-on-arrival.
We strongly advise participants to check entry and visa requirements related to visitors from your country before making travel arrangements. For accurate information please contact the UAE embassy/consulate in your home country.
Visa to Dubai can be arranged by the hotel you are staying with including the conference hotel. It normally takes 5-7 days to issue and require some documents and photos from you. You may also be required to make a payment to obtain this visa. If you plan to fly into the city with a UAE airline, it is also possible for them to arrange a visa for you.
- We strongly advise participants to personally check entry and visa requirements before making travel arrangements as there might be country-specific conditions that you are not aware of. For most accurate information please contact the UAE embassy/consulate in your home country.
- The secretariat will NOT issue any Letter of Sponsorship or Letter of Guarantee if you are required to do so by the immigration department. It is the participants’ sole responsibility to obtain such documents.
- The secretariat will not refund anyone for cancellations due to visa rejections or participant’s inability to enter the country.
- We cannot change the decision of the UAE Embassy or any other government departments, nor will we appeal to the embassy on behalf of the applicant.
- All questions/concerns regarding the status of your visa should be directed to the UAE Embassy in your home country.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the information provided in this page.