Associate Professor Dr Kirpal Singh
After a distinguished career of 45 years teaching full-time in Singapore’s top three universities, Dr Singh decided to retire and take on a corporate role. He is now the Chief Academic Officer at Training Vision Institute (Singapore).
Dr Kirpal Singh is among the foremost of today’s global thinkers, especially in the area of Creativity & Innovation. His ideas on and about Education provide on-going discussions among many who believe that the fundamental need globally, today, is to change the way we think about Education. Dr Singh believes, strongly, that our Education is almost totally out-dated and if we don’t heed the warnings clearly given to us by our young, we will be in for a very sorry state.
Dr Singh’s 2004 book-THINKING HATS & COLOURED TURBANS- made the bold assertion that Creativity is closely linked to language, an assertion which is the focus of debate among thinkers around the globe.
Dr Singh is a poet, critic, scholar and author of over 25 books and 150 articles.
Lokman Abdul Wahid
Lokman Abd Wahid is a senior lecturer specializing in language teaching and literature. His work has been presented in various events internationally and focuses on language acquisition, language methodology, language teaching and ICT, politeness in language, pragmatics, and semantics. Among his works are:
- The Needs for Framework: Towards an Everlasting of Malay Language; Social Pragmatics in Malay Proverbs: Purposes and Application;
- Upin and Ipin as the Resource for Malay Language Teaching: A Pragmatics Approach;
- Situational Analysis in Children’s Songs: A Pragmatic Approach;
- Social Pragmatic as a Malay Society Representation;
- Literature Material in Constructivism Learning: An Alternative in the Acquisition of Malay Language;
- The Acquisition of Pragmatic Dimension in The Teaching and Learning of Malay: An Early Expository;
- The Use of Literature in One Step Compact Skill Integrated: Towards a Better Language Acquisition;
- C-Command in the Performance of Syntax for Malay Language Writing: An Analysis From An Innate Perspective and;
- The Application of One Step Compact Skill Integrated as a Way to Improve Language Acquisition
Apart from research, Lokman also comes with vast experience in teacher training and language planning while heading various panels that oversee development of modules in the area of language teaching, pedagogy, and techniques. He is also a committee member of a number of international conferences and seminars.