Traveling to London from Abroad
Although foreign nationals may enter the UK through any of various airports and seaports across the country, the most direct way to get to London is to fly commercially to any one of the international airports servicing the city. These include:
- Heathrow (IATA code: LHR)
- Gatwick (IATA code: LGW)
- Luton (IATA code: LTN)
- Stansted (IATA code: STN)
- London City (IATA code: LCY)
Visitors who are attending conferences fall under the Standard Visitor Visa category according to current UK immigration law. Please check with the local British Embassy regarding specific requirements affecting citizens of your country before making any travel arrangements.
You may also visit the UK Visas and Immigration website where you can find detailed information about UK visa application. The website also comes with an online tool that can assist you in determining whether or not you require a visa in order to enter the country.
Sponsorship / Guarantees
- The secretariat will NOT issue any Letter of Sponsorship or Letter of Guarantee if you are required to do so by the government. It is the participants’ sole responsibility to obtain such documents.
- The secretariat will not refund anyone for cancellations due to visa rejections or participant’s inability to enter the country.
- We cannot change the decision of the UK Visas & Immigration or any other departments, nor will we appeal to the government on behalf of the applicant.
- All questions/concerns regarding the status of your visa should be directed to the UK Embassy in YOUR HOME COUNTRY.