Foreign nationals may enter the country through various land checkpoints, airports, and seaports all over the country. The most direct way to get to Osaka is to fly commercial into Kansai International Airport (IATA Code: KIX). It is one of the most connected airports in the world servicing many major carriers from all over the world.
Although many nationalities are allowed to enter Japan for tourism purposes without a visa (up to 90 days), some visitors are still required to apply for a visa prior to their arrival from their home country.
For more information, please contact the Japanese embassy/consulate in your home country or visit the Japan Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
- We strongly advise participants to personally check entry and visa requirements before making travel arrangements as there might be country-specific conditions that you are not aware of. For most accurate information please contact the Japanese embassy/consulate in your home country.
- The secretariat will NOT issue any Letter of Sponsorship or Letter of Guarantee if you are required to do so by the immigration department. It is the participants’ sole responsibility to obtain such documents.
- The secretariat will not refund anyone for cancellations due to visa rejections or participant’s inability to enter the country.
- We cannot change the decision of the Japanese Embassy or any other government agencies, nor will we appeal to anyone on behalf of the applicant.
- All questions/concerns regarding the status of your visa should be directed to the Japanese Embassy in your home country.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the information provided on this page.