Foreign nationals may enter the country through various land checkpoints, airports and seaports all over the country. The most direct way to get to Ho Chi Minh City is to fly using commercial airline to Tan Son Nhat International Airport (IATA code: SGN) . It is a well-connected regional airport servicing many major carriers from all over Asia and the world.
Citizens of most ASEAN countries and some non-ASEAN nationalities can enjoy visa-free entry into the country. Other nationalities are required to apply for a visa in their home country. Please check with the Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate in your own country for exact entry requirements.
Visa On Arrival
An alternative to obtaining a visa stamp from the Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate in your own country is to opt for visa on arrival (VOA). Once issued, this visa similar to the visa issued by the embassy/consulate.The first step is to hire an agent (before you arrive) in Vietnam to obtain an official letter of approval that you present at the VOA counter at the airport upon arrival. VOA agents can be contacted online and will charge a fee for their work.
- We strongly advise participants to personally check entry and visa requirements before making travel arrangements as there might be country-specific conditions that you are not aware of. For most accurate information please contact the Vietnamese embassy/consulate in your home country.
- The secretariat will NOT issue any Letter of Sponsorship or Letter of Guarantee if you are required to do so by the immigration department. It is the participants’ sole responsibility to obtain such documents.
- If required, a Letter of Invitation may be provided but only upon receiving full payment of fees from the participant. The letter will be sent via email to the participants within 3-7 days upon receiving payment.
- The secretariat will not refund anyone for cancellations due to visa rejections or participant’s inability to enter the country.
- We cannot change the decision of the Vietnamese Embassy or any other government departments, nor will we appeal to the embassy on behalf of the applicant.
- All questions/concerns regarding the status of your visa should be directed to the Vietnamese Embassy in your home country.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the information provided in this page.